If you’re considering a teeth straightening treatment, Invisalign® is a very popular and highly effective option to achieving straighter teeth without the use of traditional braces.
In our latest blog, we’re discussing everything you need to know about Invisalign® to help you understand if it’s the right option for you.
What is Invisalign®?
Firstly, what actually is Invisalign®? Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually move your teeth into their desired positions. The aligners are custom-made for your teeth using advanced 3D imaging technology, ensuring a precise fit and effective treatment.
How does Invisalign® work?
During your Invisalign® treatment, you’ll receive a series of aligners that are worn sequentially, typically for about two weeks each. These aligners gently and gradually apply controlled forces to shift your teeth into alignment. As you progress through the series, your teeth will gradually move until they reach their final positions.
What are the advantages of Invisalign®?
Invisalign® offers several advantages over traditional braces, including:
- Aesthetics: The clear aligners are virtually invisible, making Invisalign® a more discreet option. This is particularly appealing for adults and individuals who are concerned about the appearance of metal braces.
- Removability: Invisalign® aligners can be easily removed for eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. This allows for more flexibility in your daily routine and helps maintain good dental hygiene.
- Comfort: The smooth custom-made aligners are specifically designed for a comfortable fit, minimising the discomfort that’s often associated with braces as they don’t have wires or brackets that can irritate your mouth.
- Predictable and Efficient: Invisalign® treatment is clinically proven and highly predictable, thanks to advanced digital planning tools. It is estimated that Invisalign® aligners have been successfully used on over 12 million people worldwide. The treatment progress can be visualised and the estimated duration of treatment is often more accurate compared to traditional braces.
Is Invisalign® right for you?
Invisalign® can effectively treat various dental issues, including crowded teeth, gaps, overbites, underbites and crossbites. However, if you’re unsure whether Invisalign is the right treatment option for your specific case, book a consultation with us and our team of dentists will be able to advise.
What to expect during Invisalign® treatment:
- Consultation: our dentists will evaluate your dental condition, discuss your treatment goals and determine if Invisalign® is right for you.
- Treatment Planning: Advanced imaging technology will be used to create a 3D representation of your teeth. This will help visualise the planned movement of your teeth throughout the treatment.
- Aligner Fitting: Custom-made aligners will be created for you. We will ensure they fit properly and provide instructions on wearing and caring for them.
- Progress Check-ups: Periodic check-ups will be scheduled to monitor your progress and provide you with new sets of aligners.
- Treatment Completion: Once your teeth have reached their desired positions, your dentist may recommend a retainer to help maintain the results achieved.
- The length of treatment can take 6 months on average, but this is dependent on how complicated your particular case is. Most people feel a difference wearing Invisalign® aligners after three months and results are usually noticeable after six months.
Invisalign® offers a convenient, comfortable, and virtually invisible alternative to traditional braces. With its advanced technology and custom-made aligners, Invisalign® can effectively treat a wide range of dental issues and are particularly effective at straightening teeth. If you’re looking for a discreet and convenient way to achieve a straighter smile, book an appointment with us and we’ll help you understand whether Invisalign® is the right treatment option for you.
Want to discuss your dental needs? Get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.